Weddings are special occasions everyone can enjoy. I do not dress up to go out as often as I used to, but attending weddings has made up for it. I previously made a post about tips on what to wear to a wedding. Today, I want to talk about a few tips on how to achieve a modern wedding dress look. I am not an expert nor am I being wed any time soon, but I thought I would share my thoughts! Above are a few modern pieces I selected from Aisle Style, which is a company based in the UK that sells wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and additional special occasion dresses.
1. Instead of the traditional all-white wedding gown, modify it by wearing a gown with prints or a gown made of different material.
2. If you want to be trendy, wear an asymmetrical gown. It also makes walking in the gown easier because there is less material.
3. Try a gown of different lengths of layers or number of tiers.
4. Instead of the traditional white dress, wear a light shade of pink or whatever color you desire.
5. Wear a tulle dress! Choose one that is either large or small in volume.
6. A wedding dress does not need to be long. It is your dress and your day! Wear what you feel comfortable and beautiful in.
Hope these looks and suggestions have inspired you!
ELEGANT CHAPEL TRAIN TULLE DRESS
CHARMING SWEEP/BRUSH TRAIN SWEETHEART HIGH-LOW TULLE DRESS
EXQUISITE DETAILED EMBROIDERY CHAPEL TRAIN SATIN DRESS
CHARMING SWEEP/BRUSH TRAIN SWEETHEART LACE DRESS
CHARMING SWEETHEART LACE CHAPEL TRAIN TULLE DRESS
EXQUISITE BRUSH TRAIN TULLE DRESS
I do not know any girl that does not own a straightener. I have thick long hair and although I have relatively straight hair, it is not perfect so most mornings I straighten it to fix any waves or kinks. It also helps reduce the frizz. Usually, I do not do much styling as I will either leave it down or put it up in a ponytail. My default is straightening my hair in sections. When I have more time, I will straighten my hair in layers which prevents me from missing any areas compared to straightening in sections.
I believe it has been a while since I last shared a flat iron review with you guys but it is because all of my irons have lasted me for several years. I like sharing a some of my beauty products when I get the chance because I find it important to incorporate with fashion style. I am excited to be sharing this new Diamond flat iron I was recently introduced to from Irresistible Me because they wanted me to give you guys an honest review. I spent the past two weeks testing it out and these are my thoughts.
IRRESISTIBLE ME DIAMOND HAIR STYLER (C/O) - The Diamond flat iron is the most light weight straightener I own. It's sleek, red color makes it cute and appealing. It is simple to use and the buttons are located in the inner portion of the iron so you do not press the buttons accidentally. What makes this more advanced than the other flat irons I own is because it is digital and uses ceramic plates with microscopic crystal particles. The digital heat display allows you to set the temperature and a green glow lights up the iron as the temperature is raised. The purpose of the crystal particles is to maintain your natural hair oils, color, and moisture allowing your hair to stay healthy. What I love most about this iron is that it automatically shuts off in half an hour if you forget to unplug. I know it has nearly happened to me a couples of times when I would be in a rush to leave the house. In addition, the cord of the flat iron is fairly long which is convenient if an outlet is not close. The cord also has a 360 degree swivel so you can hold the flat iron in any angle
The only problem I had was when I took it with me during my travels. I was at a hotel and it worked the first day but the following days it told me there was an error. I reset it and unplugged it several times but I was unsuccessfully at resolving the problem. However, when I returned home, it was working normally. There may have been a problem with the outlet at the hotel and not the iron. Otherwise, I am very satisfied with it.
Overall Rating: ★★★★★ (5 out of 5 stars)
Do you like traveling but prefer to have the itinerary planned for you? Then taking a cruise may be the perfect fit for you. Cruises are great for family or honeymoon trips. I have gone on a couple of cruises with my family and they have all been fun. Cruises are very relaxing because you do not need to worry about food, lodging, or transportation because it is all included once you have one booked. Here are some tips for cruise riders:
1. When packing for a cruise, it is important to pack formal attire because that is the dress code for formal dinner nights. You can look up the schedule for your cruise and see how many formal nights they have.
2. You do not have to attend formal nights as you are not expected or required to be present. There are other places to eat on the boat or you can enjoy room service. Room service is free on most cruises!
3. Craving a home-cooked meal? You are allowed to request in advance a particular meal that you would like for dinner that is not on the menu at no extra charge. If the chef knows how to make it, why not!? My family and I once ordered Sinigang (Filipino sour soup) and it was delicious.
4. The rooms are cleaned daily so when you are done with dinner, you will find a tidied up room.
5. Bring anti-motion sickness medication because your body may not be used to the constant movement of the boat, especially if you are prone to motion sickness. For some people, it is best to take it right before the boat even begins moving or leaves the dock (which I find effective).
6. Excursions are not included in your package unless you booked it with your cruise. If you decide later on that you would like to add an excursion, guest services can help you out.
7. Pack an extra sweater or two because the air conditioning can be on high power and nights on deck can become chilly as you ride the waves.
8. Explore the ship! There are tons of things to do such as sun bathe, swim in the pool, take a jog around the deck, shop, play at the casino, and more.
9. Watch a show or two (i.e. comedy show)! Definitely take advantage of these because they are fun and entertaining. Since space on the ship is limited, you can enjoy a show that is intimate and get good seats.
10. Make new friends! Cruises are made for socializing and meeting new people from different places.
If you have not planned ahead, you can still find some last minute cruises online. What's also great about cruises is that sometimes you can find better deals closer to the travel date. It also does not hurt to ask if there are any special deals offered to students, seniors, and military.
Photography by me.